This guide explains how to add Express Checkout to your WooCommerce store.
Express Checkout gives your customers a fast and convenient way to purchase with Klarna. Partners who have integrated Express Checkout see an improved customer experience, increased conversion rates, and a higher AOV.
To learn more about Express Checkout, refer to the product documentation.
To be able to offer Express Checkout, you have to first enable Klarna in your WooCommerce store by installing the Klarna Payments for WooCommerce plugin.
To install Express checkout in a WooCommerce store, follow these steps:
1. In the Klarna Merchant portal, go to Conversion Boosters (top menu) > Express Checkout. Click on Get Started. Then proceed to add your store's URL to the allow list (Register allowed origin) and to generate the Klarna Client ID.
Later, you can manage your Allowed origins for your integrations in Payment settings > Client identifiers. There you can click Manage origins and enter your store's URL in the Register new origin section.
3. In the Client identifiers menu, click on Generate client identifier, then copy it from the Client ID field. Once it’s generated, you can find the client ID and generate new ones in Payment settings > Client Identifiers.
4. In WooCommerce, at the bottom of the Klarna Payments plugin settings, go to the Klarna Express Checkout configuration. Then, paste the Client ID you copied in the Klarna Client Identifier field. Make sure the ID doesn't contain any quotes or whitespace.
5. Select the Enable/Disable checkbox to enable the Express Checkout in the Klarna payments plugin.
6. From the Theme dropdown, select a theme for the button — default, light, or dark.
7. From the Shape dropdown, select a shape for the button — default, rectangle, or pill.
You can customize the Express Checkout button by choosing a theme and a shape. The styling options are available in the WooCommerce plugin settings.
The theme defines the button’s color. You can choose 1 out of 3 themes:
You can choose from 3 different shapes for the button:
To learn more about Express Checkout in the Klarna Payments plugin for WooCommerce, refer to the official Krokedil documentation.