This guide explains how to add Express Checkout to your PrestaShop store.
Express Checkout gives your customers a fast and convenient way to purchase with Klarna. Partners who have integrated Express Checkout see an improved customer experience, increased conversion rates, and a higher AOV.
To learn more about Express Checkout, refer to the product documentation.
To be able to offer Express Checkout, you have to first enable Klarna in your PrestaShop store by installing the Klarna Payments for Prestashop plugin.
To install Express checkout in a PrestaShop store, follow these steps:
1. In the Klarna Merchant portal, go to Payment settings > Client identifiers to add your store's URL to the allow list and to generate the Klarna client ID.
2. Under Allowed origins for your integrations, click Manage origins and enter your store's URL in the Register new origin section. Then, click Register.
3. In the Client identifiers menu, click on Generate client identifier, then copy it from the Client ID field. Once it’s generated, you can find the client ID and generate new ones in Payment settings > Client Identifiers.
4. In your PrestaShop shop, go to the "Klarna Express Checkout" tab, paste the Client ID you copied in the Klarna Client Identifier field. Make sure the ID doesn't contain any quotes or whitespace.
5. Toggle the Activate Klarna Express Checkout option to enable the Express Checkout in the Klarna payments plugin.
6. From the Theme dropdown, select a theme for the button — default, light, or dark.
7. From the Shape dropdown, select a shape for the button — default, rectangle, or pill.
You can customize the Express Checkout button by choosing a theme and a shape. The styling options are available in the PrestaShop plugin settings.
The theme defines the button’s color. You can choose 1 out of 3 themes:
You can choose from 3 different shapes for the button: