To start testing Klarna products, you need:
- Access to the test Merchant portal
- Test credentials for the Payments and Checkout APIs
To access the test Merchant portal, you can sign up to create a new test account or log in with a test existing account.
To create a new test account, follow these steps:
- Click the Merchant portal button in the navigation bar of Klarna Docs.
- Select the region of your credentials (for example, 🇪🇺 Europe).
- Select Playground as the environment.
- Click Sign up.
- Type your email address and click SIGN-UP. You'll get a confirmation email at this address.
- Open the confirmation email and click Activate account.
- Finish setting up your account:
a. Accept Terms & Conditions.
b. Choose a new password.
c. Enter your name.
- Log in to the Merchant portal.
To log in with an existing test account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Merchant portal login page.
- Type your email address and password, then click Log In.
If you don’t have these credentials, see the Create a new account section. If you forgot your password, use the reset function.
To get your credentials to try out the Payments and Checkout APIs:
- Access the test Merchant portal.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Click the Generate new Klarna API credentials button.
- Click Create credentials in the dialog box.
- Download the .txt file and close the dialog box.
The password is only displayed once. You will not be able to retrieve it after you close the dialog box.
You now have a username and a password to authenticate when testing the APIs.
In the playground environment, you must never use any real-life data to test the integration. When you are asked to enter data when testing, please use the sample data we've prepared.