Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) recommendationsThe Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) consider the following when looking at an ad:
- Too much emphasis on speed and ease of access
- The targeting of vulnerable groups
- Whether the advertisement seems to make taking out a loan seems unimportant - or appropriate for unimportant reasons
- "Interest-free" claims shouldn't encourage consumers to take out more credit if they're already struggling to pay off debt
- Avoid giving the impression that the product will solve wider financial difficulties or concerns
- Advertising should be decent and should not cause serious or widespread offense. Take care to avoid causing offense on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation and age.